A Kaleidoscopic Journey into the Heart of Yoga through the lens of inversions
What you will learn at the workshop:
- 3 headstand vinyasas, 2 shoulderstand vinyasas and 1 forward bend vinyasa.
- 3 different types of headstands – Kapalasana, Brahmasana and Sirsasana
- Correct alignment and muscoskeletal requirements
- Physiological benefits of the asanas
- Positive impact on the endocrine system including HPT and HPA axis
- Learn lesser known asanas such as Bhunamanasana, Dhwajasana, Purna-Setubandhasana etc
- The mythological stories behind the asanas – allowing one to transcend the mere mimicking of poses and understand their true depth.
- The chakras that are activated in the poses including the importance of lesser known chakras such as Bindu Chakra and Lalana Chakra and the axis between Bindu, Lalana and Vishuddhi chakras.
- The concept of somras and amrit including the cosmic milking of the ocean and how it relates to the microcosm of the human body
- Actualize the process of transferring our learnings from the mat to the material world
- Access and move past secret wounds and hurts
Come and discover the hidden secrets of the inversions.
Mayank Dhingra Bio
Drawing on sources from antiquity to the present day, from philosophy to physical practice, from mysticism to emotional health, from esoteric concepts to physiological benefits, Mayank’s workshops take you on a unique multi-dimensional and multi-sensory yoga journey.
He is also the founder of Yogasmriti, a not-for-profit entity that supports underprivileged children across the globe.